Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:A Question For All Cable Guys And Gal's

I have a project manager who is 25 years old and most of us are in the 30 s and 40 s and most of use been in this bussiness more than 15 years so(Screw them). There're loss now go find something else and hope you meet down the line so they can see what they lost

>the bottom line is that that company wants to keep the truely good splicers happy (more money) and they most likely value thier workers opinions sounds like a goodcompanyhow about get those tools off the shelf and take a splicing position with them and show them your a real splicer (if POSSIBLE) and not just a desk jockey if your good people will know right away
>
>
>>I am a 25 yr old Cable Guy that have been in the buisness for
>>7 yrs plus I have 3 yrs of College /Communications.
>>I have exp. as Project Mgr,Splcing Supervisor,QC,SweepCertification,Splicier,Aerial/UndergroundConstruction,Subcontractor,Mapper,DigitalHeadendTech.,
>>PowersupplyTech.,Permits,Locates And More.
>>
>>So to get to the point I applied for a Splicing Supervisor job at a Company they where going to take me I had great refrences from MSO's and form past Managers all gave me a good refrence. My qualifications matched, well the comapny comes back to me and say's my Age is holding me back because there splicers are much older than me. I took this as Discrimination. It would be different if I didnt have the experience to do the job but I do. This company that I am talking about still havent hired anyone for the position.
>>If any of you agree with me please respond.
>>
>>Thankyou
This is CABL.com posting #43015. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mllX
Posted in reply to: Re:A Question For All Cable Guys And Gal's by chadsmith
There are 0 replies to this message