Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Help with Design

Scott,

We have free cable design software off of our website - www.spanprosolutions.com
I have looked through some of the responses on this thread as well. kblkim is correct to some extent. You should first brush up on CATV Design Engineering. A good place to start would be some of the SCTE training courses. You might also want to find a SCTE Chapter nearby where you live.

Where I would disagree with kblkim is on cable design programs just being calculators. Once you get into the program, you'll see what I mean. Check out the help documentation on the calculations involved.

Lastly, I'd mention that Symplex is forward and backward compatible with Lode Data.

Hope that helps.

Dan Adams
Spanpro Solutions

>
>Thanks Saduchy, I will look into it.
>
>>
>>I know that Spanpro offers a design program on there website.
>>I'm pretty sure that it's just Spanpro.com but if not you can give them a call they are out of Erlanger,Kentucky. I't was a while back they had it on here in the general discussion. I'm pretty sure you can download it right from there too. Good Luck!!
>>> Hi, I want to learn how to design and could use some help from some experienced people. Any recommendations on design programs? Anybody have any good design programs available? I know about cable loss and passive loss, but never have put much of it together. Any recommendations? Thanks......Scott
This is CABL.com posting #40833. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mkML
Posted in reply to: Re:Help with Design by Scotty1023
There are 0 replies to this message