Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:SWEEP TECHS NEEDED, to WEBESWEEPING

To Webesweeping: I hear you, but I'll tell you what? Im new in cable, so Im not familiar with what's fair wages or not. I have a BS degree in engineering technology but I accidently stumbled upun cable in 94 as a fiber splicer. I happen to have the balls to gaff poles to reach back easement amps and amps that are far from the road. Im happy that I stumbled upon sweeping, its alot more interesting than software work or electronics. I actually understand all the technology behind sweep and RF, but Im sure that their are poseur- sweepers out there that are just button pushers. I totally respect the people like you with all the experience in fixing cable problems that affect the sweep response, such as suck outs, water and bad design. I would have kept sweeping if I could find steady work doing it. The economy went bad. I know what you mean , Ive seen those greenhands you refered to.

>This is directed at HFCdude. I don't mean to rude but you sweep for a year and call yourself a sweeper PLEASE!!! That's why you would jump on a $15 dollar and hour job. Which is great because when you rookies SCREW it up us "PROFESSIONALS" can come behind you and fix it. This company wants greenhands not SWEEPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is CABL.com posting #40075. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mkAx
Posted in reply to: Re:SWEEP TECHS NEEDED by WEBESWEEPIN
There is 1 reply to this message
Re:SWEEP TECHS NEEDED, to WEBESWEEPING WEBESWEEPIN 5/16/2001 9:23:00 PM