Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Start up essentials needed ? Knowledge appre

As I have said many times on this forum; You need 4 professional people to get a business started.  A lawyer to set up your business entity and review contracts, a CPA to set up your books correctly from the start, help with depreciation schedules and prepare your tax returns, a banker for a line of credit (unless you are financially independent) and a good BUSINESS insurance agent, NOT a home and auto agent but a business agent who knows your worker compensation codes.  I would stay away from online insurance companies.  They may be cheap but when you have a claim you will need all the help you can get from a real person.  Some of your questions are geographically specific, so I can’t help you with those particular items  

Make sure you build enough in to your price to cover all your costs.  Which will include at least the following: pickups, trailers, machines, tools, thefts, gas, oil, tires, repairs, phone, internet, labor, workers compensation, General Liability insurance, payroll, payroll taxes, income tax, FUTA, SUTA, licensing fees, lodging, damage claims, law suites, and last but not least your profit margin.   My best advice is: DO NOT UNDER BID THIS OR ANY JOB.  BID IT TO MAKE MONEY!  Good luck.  

This is CABL.com posting #391746. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbN4E
Posted in reply to: Start up essentials needed ? Knowledge appre by christycataneo
There is 1 reply to this message
TSBCCC has Knowledge galore. Animal AKA Will 8/10/2024 2:02:02 PM