Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The contractor life

Back in 1981 I tried to start a national contractor assoc,, had about 8 prime contractors interested as with my company Micro, had a meeting in St Louis and was on the way to start such.  Then I was hit by NLRB with trying to fix rates.  All I wanted to do was  join forces, get the cost down as group for benefits for the men, equipment rentals, job related problems etc.  It had nothing to do with the owners/mso.   Today it will never happen because of such mega company as Dycom , Mastec and such,  they pretty much have the industry in their pockets.  I even tried Union with a National Contract with CWA granting me the right to go into a town and work under the local CWA, however  when I went into St Louis/Chicago/Cleveland  the IBEW told me wipe my ass with CWA contract..If I worked in their towns, it had to be IBEW--which I did.  The lone cable man has no one to fight for them...except us folks here posting helpful information.   I say to them...just keep doing quality work in a safe manner.  MicroMan

This is CABL.com posting #385597. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMtt
Posted in reply to: Re: The contractor life by dougmarlowe
There are 0 replies to this message