Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Comcast in Little Rock Ark.

Ok, sure.. One presumes you don't agree fully but you could for some unspoken reason. What's a "blacket filter"and how does one "descrepensy it"? What is midigation? If you "hand a node back in" ("reject it" for the rest of us), why would it be up for a cert? (Here's a tip, place a 99 dB pad on the return leg of the bridger that feeds the MDU that is ingressing. Place a Big red circle on your print around the MDU that is offending and state clearly in your report that it is not a part of the certification. Show your data that supports it.)

Why would filters you purchase be a problem? Also it might be a good idea to grab your sack and explain to the MSO that a Node with 1000 passives across 25 miles is going to be effectively worthless for data. It's pretty much been established that 500 Hp is about the maximum due to bandwidth saturation at peak use. It's a math thing....

I will say, It is good to see the Meat Tweaker not run to blame the contractors.. Wonder why?

As to spelling and grammar...Fugetaboutit! I bet the engineers that read your reports are rolling in the aisles.
ROFLMNAO......

>Kevin, could agree with you more!
>As to this site and it's "sticking points". I would say the MAIN ones are no blacket filtering or even filtering 17 and down in 15-25 mi Nodes with over 1000 passives and with apartment complexes inserious need of rewire work. These points alone make Noise midigation a serious problem!
>Not to mention, having to purchase our own filter to mitigate.
>Not having pads & EQ's. When handed a Node you get Nodes not completed as far as upgrade! And if you either descrepensy it or hand it back it does not get done a majority of the time!
>These topics right here are only a few of the major problems here! The CERT. spec's are pretty tight but, if we could either blanket filter or filter from 17 down we would could eliminate the SERIOUS problem of "17.75mhz" and "15.50 mhz"
>Well, need to head out for now. Hope that helps!
>PS Please let me know if my spelling and grammar is correct...I would hate to lose my job over that! LOLLOL
>
>>Does any one know what the sticking points are on this job as far as Sweep and Certification. I'm told that Mastec and some of the other companies there are having problems with getting nodes to pass. Is it Ingress, sweep or somthing else? Thanks for your help!!!!
>>

This is CABL.com posting #38201. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mj6j
Posted in reply to: Re:Comcast in Little Rock Ark. by Meat Grinder
There is 1 reply to this message
Re:Comcast in Little Rock Ark. switchman 4/21/2001 10:47:00 AM