Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:ATTENTION EMPLOYERS

As an employer, I would like to say a few words. I have responded to several ads on this board looking for experienced help - not one have been a successful hire for the long haul.

Examples:

1. One guy said he had been a top hook, but when he arrived all he cared about was getting the company telephone so he could talk on the phone all day to his wife. Then asked one of my other linemen if he could work with him because he didn't quite get it. He also told me that he didn't drink, but bragged to the other crew members that he was up drinking the night before.

2. Another smart alec thought he could run a truck and hang cable - when I went out to check his work - his cable had wee-waws all over the place, he left off the bonds, etc. When I told him to clean up his work, he took his tools with him on his way home, promised to fix it - I never saw him again. I had to do it. Then he had his father call me to collect his check.

Sometimes it really makes you wonder about the human race - Does anyone take any pride in themselves anymore?

The cable business is dirty, hard work. But someone has to do it - I have been in this business for 20 years and have made a great living at it and I'm no SOB. If you respond to my ad, I will get back to you with a phone call. That is, if you give me a phone number.

Show me a qualified, experienced Lineman - who wants to work hard - I have a great job for him.

FiberLash Cable Construction, Inc.
845-361-5026
Orange County, NY

> How dumb do you want the people you hire? You place an ad on this site and when people send you a resume you don't even acknowledge you received it. Then next week you run the same ad as if nobody replied to you. Many qualified people are not working and are really looking for work not just a position. If you don't want them at least reply to their e-mail. It would be great if you would state why you don't want to hire them. I.E. Not enough experience, overqualified, bad reference, unwilling to travel, etc. You may be the one looking someday and I'm sure you wouldn't like to be ignored. Treat people like you want to be treated. Nobody wants to work for an S.O.B.
This is CABL.com posting #37833. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mj0n
Posted in reply to: ATTENTION EMPLOYERS by carp3165
There is 1 reply to this message
Re:ATTENTION EMPLOYERS DeeJ 4/18/2001 9:07:00 PM