Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Anyone having problems with the Simulsat 5 parabolic dish?

I see John Malone has answered you question well. But I wanted to let you know that such technical questions can also be answered on the SCTE List. Go to www.scte.org and sign up for the list. It is a very good forum for technical questions.

Jim Wallace
Skope

>You know the one that has the 10 horizontal and 10 vertical LNB's. Our problem started with the digital channels flashing. We could find a common point except the dish. All the flashing channels were coming from different satellites off of different transponders. We set up a 4.8 meter dish and pointed it at what we thought was a problem bird, then we ran a new path to our power dividers. We have a new IRD, a new modulator, and two TV's watching the same transponder off the same bird. The new path did not flash but the old one did. So we switched the paths to the LNB's. Now the old path is ok and the new path is flashing. Each time we used the 4.8 meter dish the problem stopped. We have peaked these feeds 10 times and nothing!...then we got some special B/W filters and it has helped, but we still have intermittent problems. The Simulsat 5 Dish has a quality of about 51% and the 4.8 meter dish is a 90%, no matter what path. The LNB's have been changed 3 times. This dish cost us about $60,000.00; The Simulsat 5 people are coming next week. I hope they fix the problem because Charter just purchased 28 of them at the cost of 1.6 Million dollars. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems? Do you have any ideas that might help?
This is CABL.com posting #37498. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mjUY
There are 0 replies to this message