Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Anyone having problems with the Simulsat 5 parabolic dish?

That is exactly what's happening John. You nailed it! And we did buy two filters. Why do you think it's not happening on my 4.5 meter dish, and it is on my Simulsat? Thanks for the info. And if we complain, you will be the first one I call.

>There's nothing wrong with your dish. Probably what you're seeing is an interferance from some kind of radar. I get this in several systems around IL and one in MO. I've even heard of it in ohio and indiana. What i see is a flash (on an analog channel) every 10 seconds and digital channels will tile and go blank for a second or two. It only seems to happen between the hours of 7-5 with an hour lunch break around noon. It's not always there. some days it's there all of the time, and some days you never see it. I seem to think it's military radar. What you can do is get some 3.7ghz-4.2ghz filters to put on each lnb/lna. I have tried this and it takes care of about 90% of the interferance on a digital channel, but i think it would cure an analog channel. The bad thing is, these filters run $600 each. In your case, that would be about $12,000 to correct this problem as best as you can. Then you just have to live with the minor stuff in digital channels. Seems to me that if all of the cable operators got together and filed a complaint about this, the FCC would have to do something about it. If you decide to do something like that, let me know. I'll jump on the band wagon with you. I've been dealing with this for quite a while. (-REDACTED-)
>
>
>
>>You know the one that has the 10 horizontal and 10 vertical LNB's. Our problem started with the digital channels flashing. We could find a common point except the dish. All the flashing channels were coming from different satellites off of different transponders. We set up a 4.8 meter dish and pointed it at what we thought was a problem bird, then we ran a new path to our power dividers. We have a new IRD, a new modulator, and two TV's watching the same transponder off the same bird. The new path did not flash but the old one did. So we switched the paths to the LNB's. Now the old path is ok and the new path is flashing. Each time we used the 4.8 meter dish the problem stopped. We have peaked these feeds 10 times and nothing!...then we got some special B/W filters and it has helped, but we still have intermittent problems. The Simulsat 5 Dish has a quality of about 51% and the 4.8 meter dish is a 90%, no matter what path. The LNB's have been changed 3 times. This dish cost us about $60,000.00; The Simulsat 5 people are coming next week. I hope they fix the problem because Charter just purchased 28 of them at the cost of 1.6 Million dollars. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems? Do you have any ideas that might help?
This is CABL.com posting #37375. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mjSZ
There is 1 reply to this message