Create your free account now! Sign up

Comcast Offering cell phones on Verizon Network

Comcast, with some 25 million highspeed internet subs will start selling cell phones and plans under their title "Xfinity" where only internet subs can  sign up.    Comcast big competitors for such services are ATT's Direct TV-Verizon FISO.  Comcast will also be selling Iphones, Samsung Galaxy and LG's along with plans depending on Data usage.   Competitor Google Fi isn't doing so good because it works  T-mobile, Sprint and US Cellular.    So if your looking for a change and your already a Comcast sub...you might ask them about Xfinity Services. 

Now folks, when I see companies moving into other out of the box services because of their competitor, it tells me they are in trobule, loosing subs and want a quick fix.   So I don't see this latest Comcast offering contributing to their botom line profits.  What Comcast should be doing is "Rebuilding" their system with Fiber, Coax is dead....Done, just like copper.  Bite the bullet now and invest in a rebuild...or sooner or later....cable MSO's will be selling out to Phone Companies.  Google thought they had a great idea and was going to wire all metro cities....that didn't work out because they moved to fast-didn't think about all the engineering and networking problems.

Time will tell the story...I wish them all luck...Our industry needs a quick pick me up !!!

Microman
This is CABL.com posting #372745. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbI8b
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Comcast Offering cell phones on Verizon Networ patriotspl 4/17/2017 11:26:38 PM