Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who's the prime/contractors in Knoxville area

Hey, sorry about the delay on info - just got onto the forums today and while we were at dinner, my partner and I pulled up this section of the site, went to the 2nd page and saw this.

Could you pm me?  I actually have a fair amount of info on one of the two primes out there (that we know of.)  They're solid - my partner has worked with them and one of their coordinators pretty consistently over the last 10+ years, but there's a fair amount of questions regarding whether you're looking for direct employment/1099 work, whether you have your own truck/general liability/etc, and what type of work experience you have (aerial, underground, splicing, sweep, etc.)

They opened up the office about a year and a half ago, from what I remember.  Pay is 3 weeks out from when you invoice with them directly.  No cash flow issues and they're pretty transparent with us. Our home base is in Atlanta, so while we've worked in Knoxville with them in a pinch, I can't really speak to how the day-to-day grind is.  

I can really only tell you about coax splicing tbh. The coverage area for the market is pretty large - ranging from west of Clinton to east of Gatlinburg.  There's existing QR cable and MC^2, so make sure you have or can get access to the coring tools needed -.540 QR.  System is a mix of SA/Cisco and Jerrold/Arris, depending on the area.  New build, from what I've seen, frequently uses .875 feeder, so production can slow down a bit with wrangling cables.  Squirrel chew is a pretty serious issue, so there's alot of span replacements.  Lots of rear easement - if you can hook, it's to your benefit.  40' buckets seem to be pretty standard there.

If still interested, let me know.  Can put you in direct contact with the coordinator out there.

-Hayley

This is CABL.com posting #371311. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbIK3
Posted in reply to: Who's the prime/contractors in Knoxville area by MBMillennium
There are 0 replies to this message