Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: snow

Everything in this life is negociatable.  Safety is not.  Just because it snowed 10 ft does not mean you can't do the install safely.  You might need a bigger crew to help you out or more machenery or whatever.  If there is 10ft of snow typically you wont see me working.  UNLESS it is something so important it NEEDS to be done.  In that case grab a buddy and go to it.  For the ones who don't wanna risk it I would keep them around, but they would be closer to the bottom. 

There is a BIG difference between being stupid and unsafe vs working smart and safe.
Personally if the weather gets bad and I need a bucket, well I am getting a bucket and the company contracting me out will approve that bucket so I can get up to that height safely.

The other thing is there are different people in different parts of the country.  If it snows even 1 in in california roads start closing.  If it snows 10ft in alaska they probably proudly open roads!

If you don't like the weather move to where it is your kind of weather.  There is always low pay work somewhere.
This is CABL.com posting #365631. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbHhr
Posted in reply to: snow by danimal
There are 0 replies to this message