Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: working on the snow

I recall going to a year end push in Tibedo Lousiana . I arrived the night before I went into the office. The motel had a bar attached to it . I was tired from the drive there , so I laid down to take a nap . I had another splicer with me , he went to the bar . He comes back to the room half lit and says brother get up you got to see this . I told him I'm tired let me go back to sleep I don't want to go to the bar . He ragged me until I finally got up and walked over to the bar . We walk in , there is 40 some odd people in the bar. He says brother watch this , he tilts his head back puts his hand up to his mouth and screams you f.cken bunch of Coonasses . I'm thinking were dead or about to be in one hell of a bad fight . Instead he walks over to the bar and people start buying him drinks and patting him on the back , then he introduces me to his new found friends. I must admit Coonasses are some of the best people I have ever met in my travels . I know that doesn't have anything to do with bad weather but its part of the story . The next morning we get up and go to the warehouse/office for Cable Man . I am issued prints and equipment . Its poring down rain outside so I pull in the warehouse and load my truck down with truck stock , just basically throw it in the bins. I then return to the motel because its pouring down rain . I am anal retentive over my truck being organised ,(I like to make money not search for hidden items) , so I put on my rainsuit and go outside and start arranging my truck. Shortly up pulls the project mgr . (He's not a nice guy) he says to me . "What do you think your doing?" I answer arranging my truck. He says " You need to get the f.ck out to the job and go to work!!!!" I answer its pouring down rain . He says " It rains three to five days a week here ,we work in the rain, now get to work" I did ,worked until 8:30 that night . Working in louisana was one place I have never forgotton and really don't care to go back too. "Snow" I will take that anytime as opposed to pouring rain .One exception , in Kansas . When the chit (snow) starts to melt there they have gumbo clay that sticks too your boots and is hell to get off of them . If your setting a doghouse by the time your done your boots feel like they way 30 lbs each. You have to pick the mud off your boots. Kansas is another place I will never go again in the winter time . Thanks for reading........ "WHITFIELD"
Live Like Your Dieing , If You Can't Run with the BigDogs Stay on the Porch . Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today .Tomorrow May Never Come.Be Honest That Will Earn You Respect . You Get Paid to do It Once not Twice .
This is CABL.com posting #365604. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbHg0
Posted in reply to: Re: working on the snow by johnmc3
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: working on the snow johnmc3 2/4/2015 1:54:09 PM