Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: More Insurers Join Obamacare Arena

You make an excellent point here. Its a point that makes me wonder why more working  people arent up in arms.  It's also a point that shows yet another reason, more Americans need to excercise their right to collectively bargain their compensation and stop having their compensation dictated.

Think about it. Your employer provided healthcare is part of your compensation package.  In other words it just another way to compensate you for the work you do. Obamacare now requires employers to list, on your W2, the amount they are paying for your healthcare. So lets say you make 60k per year in wages and the employer is  paying 12K a year for your healthcare.  That means you have a compensation package of 72K a year.

Let say your employer says, "Obamacare makes it that we can no longer offer healthcare".  Your employer then removes (POCKETS) 12k of your 72K annual compensation.  Instead of workers saying "hey, just continue to pay me the 12K, no lets say 10K, and I can use that 10K to go out and get me insurance, AND you save 2K a year", we instead blame Obamacare.

This is no different than your employer saying hey I now pay you 72K a year. BUt I cant afford to pay you 80K a year.  Therefore Im going to pay you 60K a year....And you walk away feeling sorry for the employer.

Many employers are simply using Obamacare as a reason to pocket more money, and some of us are so stupid we actually feel sorry for the employer.
This is CABL.com posting #363966. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGQA
Posted in reply to: Re: More Insurers Join Obamacare Arena by dfwdtv
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: More Insurers Join Obamacare Arena Toast 10/5/2014 3:04:25 AM