Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Deficit Cut in Half Under Obama

Part-Time Job Creation

Fox turned to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) to claim "there are far more part-time jobs" and "far fewer full-time jobs" today than in January 2009. Varney further claimed that the economy has gained 1.4 million part-time jobs under Obama, but lost full-time jobs.This is false.

According to the BLS, seasonally adjusted part-time employment in January 2009 stood at roughly 26.7 million. Part-time employment in August 2014 was roughly 26.8 million, after accounting for seasonal employment effects.

The latest available data from the BLS also demonstrates a downward trend in the percentage of part-time workers in the workforce since the recession ended. The proportion of the workforce working part-time has declined for nearly five years, as has the number of workers engaged in part-time work "for economic reasons." Meanwhile, total employment in the United States increased by about 5 million from January 2009 to August 2014, despite millions of job losses during the recession:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09/30/foxs-renewed-attack-on-obamas-economic-record-i/200952

(this article factually debunks about 90% of  right wing talking points.  It provides sources and all. I got it bookmarked becuase something tells me Ill be able to refer to it alot when talking with certian people here...lol....)
This is CABL.com posting #363888. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGPk
Posted in reply to: Re: Deficit Cut in Half Under Obama by cablemn86
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Deficit Cut in Half Under Obama johnmc3 10/3/2014 11:13:27 AM
Re: Deficit Cut in Half Under Obama johnmc3 10/2/2014 12:20:21 PM
Re: Deficit Cut in Half Under Obama Toast 10/1/2014 9:29:43 PM