Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Getting into splicing

>I am interested in learning to splice any ideas on how I can get into this would be great. Thanks
>We have been in this busness for about 6 years. I can tell ya that I only wish I had known about this busness 15 yrs. ago! I wish I could take you on buddy & train ya. I can tell ya this ---If you are not afraid of heights & not afraid to do alot of traveling you can make some big bucks. Some people will try to detor you from this but there is plenty of work all over this WORLD for evryone one. I can tell you that my kids are grown & on there own, but my wife loves it. She calls it " Our vocation is our vacation"!. She always reminds us & anyone els that our travel trailor is only temperary. She not only takes care of my paper work but at times she is a big help out in the fields w/me. Now thats not bad concidering she is retired from New York Times News paper! We also have a son that went to collage (which we are still paying for) & is also a splicer w/ his wife & 2 kids! He makes more money as a splicer then he would have what he went to collage for! We started out late & have alot of BILLs, but unlike some other people I'm not afraid to tell ya that if you have alot of stanima YOU can handle this kind of work.You see I stugled all my life w/time cards, bad bosses, etc..Now don't get me wrong...You will run into bad contractor, etc...Just do research on your prospective.
Follow these steps & you should be fine.( wish I could train you myself!)
1# can't be afraid of heights
2# Not afriad to travel
3# Take pride in your work
4# Be real careful w/your money (there will be hard times & you are a subcontractor so therefor TAXES
5# Look at your traveling as sitseeing & not permament.
Good luck buddy ( a future cabledog ! )
P>S> Stay away from anyone that will bring you DOWN! It won't be easy but always remember you can do any thing you set your mind too! Cause you might have to move every 6 months or so.
This is CABL.com posting #36360. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mjCC
Posted in reply to: Getting into splicing by Cablepsyco
There are 0 replies to this message