Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Benghazi

WOW... pasting old, outdated email chains..

We know who gave the order. Its listed in both the links Johnmc already posted.  The GOP led House investigation already confirmed that the team had authourization to deploy.  But it says there was a delay.  The statements made by the commandos in Johnmc's link, matches  everything in the House report I posted.  The commandos simply tell us what the delay was.  The order to stand down came from the base chief that was sitting right next to the commandos.  It appears the base chief was exploring other options before deploying, as he wanted to avoid  exposing the CIA base. 

Again I ask, where is the scandal???????

From the Fox Report:

"“Five minutes, we're ready,” said Paronto, a former Army Ranger. “It was thumbs up, thumbs up, we're ready to go.”

But the team was held back. According to the security operators, they were delayed from responding to the attack by the top CIA officer in Benghazi, whom they refer to only as “Bob.”

“It had probably been 15 minutes I think, and … I just said, ‘Hey, you know, we gotta-- we need to get over there, we're losing the initiative,’” said Tiegen. “And Bob just looks straight at me and said, ‘Stand down, you need to wait.’”

“You use the words ‘stand down,’” Baier noted. “A number of people now, including the House Intelligence Committee  insist no one was hindered from responding to the situation at the compound…so what do you say to that?”

“No, it happened,” said Tiegen.

It happened on the ground-- all I can talk about is what happened on that ground that night,” added Paronto. “To us. To myself, twice, and to-- to Tig, once. It happened that night. We were told to wait, stand-- and stand down.  We were delayed three times.”
==========================================================

From the article the yahoo article links to:

The commandos’ account — which fits with the publicly known facts and chronology — suggests that the base chief issued the “stand down” orders on his own authority. He hoped to enlist local Libyan militiamen, and the commandos speculate that he hoped the Libyans could carry out the rescue alone to avoid exposing the C.I.A. base.

This is CABL.com posting #363490. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGIU
Posted in reply to: Re: Benghazi by LocoDawg
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Benghazi dfwdtv 9/7/2014 9:43:35 PM
Re: Benghazi Toast 9/7/2014 8:40:08 PM