Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CATV Splicing/Construction Tool List?

1Farmer the Crescent smooth jaw will still mar the finish, just not as bad the regular chanelocks, so will a Crescent Wrench, I used Sears Robogrips to desplice a fitting and a good quality (Snap-on, Craftsman, Mac tools) open end wrench to tighten all of my fittings If you were ever on a job that used Chem Shrink you would know what I am talking about, There is nothing worse of a feeling when you complete your location in a nasty rear easement aerial and you are gathering up your droppings and a piece of chem shrink falls from the sky because of that one little burr on your fitting from using an improper tool for the job. Also if you are working a QR "Quantum Reach" job let's not forget the Spline Wrenches you will need on the 1175.

Also to the Cablemillsguy, the only time that a Bending Board (Mullen) is acceptable on most jobs is when you have a no cut location and you use it on your input loop to hold the form while you Jack the output loop with your mechanical Jackson bender and send the lasher. (I know I know that info wasn't splicing related) just a FYI

Dam I can remember what I did 20 years ago but I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning

This is CABL.com posting #363030. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGBu
Posted in reply to: Re: CATV Splicing/Construction Tool List? by 1FARMER
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: CATV Splicing/Construction Tool List? 1FARMER 8/7/2014 10:00:13 AM
Re: CATV Splicing/Construction Tool List? LocoDawg 8/6/2014 9:17:45 PM