Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: stealthware and usb/windows7

Update after days working on it had to get a usb to serial HUB....then loaded the drivers. After loading drivers and in virtual xp mode had to change the device manager to recognize it on port 1 or 2 in windows 7, then had to go into settings in vrtual xp mode and enable the port that i made it in windows 7....then had to make sure that device manager in xp had the same info for the port i made it.....it worked out to work on 9600 baud rate(same in meter) and under hardware and made mine alll to port 1.....hoep this helps anyone else and sorry if this is confusing....ask away if any questions as it took me 3 days to figure it out....LOL  and yes oldmanh you are correct, bought a usb to db9 cord first and that would not connect to windows xp and meter....after installing this hub i used the null modem cord that always worked on old system to connect to the meter via the hub, yes you need the null modem cable to be exact for meter. We have one cord that was direct from Jitsziu or whatever the name is....the other is made up.....thanks for reply though!!!
This is CABL.com posting #361132. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbF6S
Posted in reply to: Re: stealthware and usb/windows7 by oldmanh
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: stealthware and usb/windows7 scotch1 4/4/2014 6:00:36 PM