Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Money in North Dakota

You can make money up there, ton of fiber being put in the ground....  I worked up there for a year and was making 1800-2800 a week  if you don't like to work more than 40 hours in a week don't go you will work 65-90 hours a week( I've been on jobs that I was on the clock for 24 hours and have had to do it more than once). The company I worked for also gave per diem of either 65.00 a day or hotel and 15.00 a day. Traffic is crazy it's kind of the wild wild west. housing cost are crazy!! but if you find the right company you should have to worry about it. Most of them will work you 3-4 weeks on then off for a week or two.  The weather is frigid -20 and a wind chill of -50. Work does not stop due to cold or snow weather!!  Only time we stopped work was for thunder storms  and rain, when it rains the mud is crazy better to stay home on those days unless you like pulling vehicles out of the mud because thats all you'll do. I must say never seen mud like it its like super glue grabs a hold and wont let go! If you can get east of Minot housing cost are some of the cheapest in the nation. ALlot of the locals I worked with lived east of Minot(rugby) and spent the week in the hotel in Williston and went back home on the weekend.
This is CABL.com posting #360605. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFYn
Posted in reply to: Re: Money in North Dakota by kblman2020
There are 0 replies to this message