Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How Hillary Answers Tough Questions

Does anyone else notice it is the exact same banter back and forth in the media, social media and Washington DC?  It is like watching a high school girls valleyball game around here.  

Both the Republicans and Democrats are guilty of the same crap.  They both bash without education or cause. They both press the agenda of the highest bidder. They both say what they think the people want to hear while doing what they are paid to do.  When I refer to them being paid to do something, I am not referring to their salary that is paid by the taxes of hard working Americans.

When are we going to realize that we are being sold off and the vast majority of Americans do not care because they are getting free this, free that and low cost crap?!  Anyone notice that the quality of services in this country have gone down in the last decade?  It is directly related the fact that people think they are entitled to things that the previous generations knew that they had to earn.

We are getting to the point that people feel like everything that they have is their right and they have no responsibility to keep or maintain it. They think they have a right to life, liberty and happiness.  When you remove "the pursuit of" from that phrase, you change things completely.  Most people in this country take for granted the fact that freedom is earned and must be protected and maintained.  

I am not only talking about protecting from enemies foreign, but also domestic.  All of the fellow veterans will recognize that from a certain oath that they took.  Am I saying that President Obama, Harry Reid, John Boehner or any other person holding elected office in Washington DC is the enemy?  Absolutely not!  But that does not mean that I will follow any of them blindly.  

It is not only our right, it is our responsiblity to question our elected leaders. There are many things happening with our country that I disagree with personally.  I do not think the direction of our country is headed in a way that the founders of the United States would be pleased with.  Look at each side of the aisle in the House and Senate.  Both sides are driven by agenda.  Agenda of the person or group with the most ($$$$) to offer to the next election cycle.  There is no regard to the desires of the people.  The people of the nation are regarded as too stupid to understand the system.  Washington is in a bubble and they do not care what happens in the majority of the states, unless they happen to be campaigning there at that moment.

We have moved beyond a simple answer to re-direct our country back to a better path.  We are at a point that a few control the many with an iron fist.  If "Mr. Smith" were to go to Washington today, he would be run out of town by the media before he walked into his first overpriced coffee shop!

I beg for ideas on how to fix our country.  Even if you love the direction we are headed, tell me what you would change.  Tell me what you love.  If you are just along for the ride and you trust our leaders completely, tell me why I should as well. I have ideas, ideas that would not be popular in DC.  Ideas that would be very, very difficult to implement. But, I feel, we need a change of direction.  A move back to a country of people that want to work hard to reach their goals.  To acheive their dreams and succeed due to their own hard work.

Today, I feel, far too many Americans have their hand out waiting for the next "free" thing from the government.  Too many Americans live for today with no regards to tomorrow.  Too many Americans face life whole heartedly with the "You only live once!" mindset.  While I appreciate the enthusiasm, "YOLO" has no regard to the future of the individual or country.

I am open to any comments that may help me understand the current state of our United States.

Thanks for taking the time with my rant (if you made it this far).
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Quit being part of the problem!
This is CABL.com posting #360534. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFXe
Posted in reply to: Re: How Hillary Answers Tough Questions by dfwdtv
There are 0 replies to this message