Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Answer For the Tree Man

LOL..John you ever notice that whenever you read about Reagan doing something that wasnt 'Reagan-esque', the blame some how gets shifted to the Democrats, even though Reagan was the president and signed the bill into law. His tax hikes, amnesty, etc.... I always get a chuckle about that.

You touched on something I would like to talk about.  Reagan spending vs Obama spending. We all know Reagan and Republicans are supposed to be the fisicaly responsible guys, while Obama and Dems are supposed to be the big spenders.

I know you have probably never heard this. So I may be the first to point this out to you. Obama's BIG spending is a MYTH. I REPEAT, A MYTH!!!

The myth is based on a bunch of half truths. Everything I say next I really hope you fact check, and then comment.

When you look at the budget deficits during Bush, they are all roughly in the $300b-$500b range, Im working off memory here. Then when Obama takes office you see the deficit explode to ther $1T range. Hence the reason he is known for spending. This is one half of the half truth.

The other half is that the deficits under Bush dont tell the whole truth. Bush would run annual budget defifcits in 300B range. But he did something slick and funded the country with off budget gimicks. So his budget deficits didnt tell the whole truth. He funded the wars, FEMA responses, his medicare program, his tax cuts etc...off the books. He used annual supplemental appropriation bils like, HR 2206 in 2007,to fund things 'off the bucks'. Therefore they were not counted towards deficits.

One of the first things Obama did was put those off budget items back in the budget, hence the ballon in the deficit. 

This year the deficit is projected to be $514b. Obama inherited a 480b deficit from Bush, and remember his budgets left things off the books. Obama's true full budget has a deficit close the Bush's half budget deficit. So as you can see, the ENTIRE FACTS prove Obama is quite the opposite of a big spender. In fact,  Obama has presided over the slowest growth in spending than any president in 60 yrs.  Yes, even with the bail out, the stimulus, Obamacare, and whatever else FOX news has told you is the reason the debt is out of control.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/may/23/facebook-posts/viral-facebook-post-says-barack-obama-has-lowest-s/
This is CABL.com posting #360505. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFWL
Posted in reply to: Re: Answer For the Tree Man by johnmc3
There are 0 replies to this message