Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Answer For the Tree Man

The 30% is roughly what the cost would be if the government raises the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour. That would be a direct 30% increase in labor costs to any company that pays it's employees minimum wage.
Even using your example of a 15% increase it will drive up prices and cut jobs and hours.

I never said companies could not stay in business by taking a 30% hit. I'm said they would most likely deal with it in 1 of the 4 ways I listed with a combination of them of raising prices, cutting jobs or hours, and eating some of it.

Companies should not be put into the situation where the government is forcing them to take a 30% hit. Government should be there to make sure the workers are safe, the company's product/service is safe for the consumers to use, the company is not causing any undue problems for the community, and that the company is operating in a legal manor.

Wages should be market driven not mandated by the government.

As for your example of the 2000 dollar tester eating 15% of a contractors net profits, all I can say is if it is requirer for the job then it can be deducted on your end of year taxes, and if you are only netting 13,333 dollars a year it's either time to find a new contract or get out of the business because you're only making $6.41 an hour.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #360320. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFTM
Posted in reply to: Re: Answer For the Tree Man by Trey9007
There are 0 replies to this message