Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Obama / Minimum wage $10.10

If it works for you go for it. I worked overseas for 8 years and enjoyed it immensely, got to see a lot of Asia even met my wife there. If things don't start changing here for the better soon I may be right behind you.
But as far as raising the minimum wage I have to say I'm not for it. It was never intended to be a wage ment to support one's self. It's truly a shame that because of the economy and the total lack of economic growth here in the states, what were once considered entry level jobs, now have to be considered viable career options. Second everytime the minimum wage has gone up everything else goes up in price. Yeah like your example it may only be 50 more for a burger but it's not only burgers that go up, it's everything from soup to nuts. Usually if the cost of doing business goes up businesses not only raise their prices to cover that cost but they tend to raise it a little more to offset the cost even more. So say the cost of labor goes up 30% most businesses will raise their prices 30.5 to 31% to offset the 30%. Sorry I'm not ready to pay another 30% or whatever it works out to be jsut to live, no ones giving me a 30% raise.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #360132. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFQK
Posted in reply to: Re: Obama / Minimum wage $10.10 by SpeedLasher
There are 0 replies to this message