Create your free account now! Sign up

2 cents

You are so right on the points I see in these posts.
Keep up records first and foremost.  Work hard.   Invest well.  Don't burn bridges .Be nice.  DO YOUR TAXES!!! 
  I will not go over a month for anyone, anymore.  If they don't have enough money to pay faster they shouldn't be in that position.  Twenty years ago the primes paid in 4-28 days, and I usually went with the faster paying ones, NEVER over two weeks after invoice.
I worked for one K&M Cable out of Waynesville N.C. for years.  Work this week, turn in paperwork on monday, have a check on friday.  It's real easy to track your money that way,  less things get lost and they are a heck of of alot easier to find (or catch)when they do
 On the other hand when you work a week turn in paperwork  then thirty days starts,  and then it is mailed etc its actually more like five or six weeks from the time you made it, until you can get it.
If you work and want to grow your business You should be able too especially if the people you are working are growing. If you can't, find someone else to work for, or do something else either way you are in the wrong place!
There are still good people out there to work for,  although there is plenty of crooks too. I have seen more people in this business ruinned over taxes, and addictions than contractors that didn't pay.  Good luck in finding the right one to work for.
This is CABL.com posting #358711. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFtP
Posted in reply to: Re: Just my 2 cents for the day..... by kabldude
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: 2 cents dfwdtv 11/13/2013 8:08:02 AM