Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Incentive Question

I see your point, but they do get something for doing their job, they get paid.

Not trying to sound pissy, I've just never seen an incentive program that didn't cause problems.

But really it depends on what type of work, recognition of doing a great job can be incentive enough for some people.  

When you start talking about money, techs can start expecting that, and figure it into their pay, and if it does not come, they can get irate, even if it is their own fault.  I've also seen techs try to cheat the system to get their bonus.  For example, a completion bonus, they will install jobs incorrectly, that should not have been done, just to get that bonus, or refuse to take certain types of jobs because there is a chance it will hurt their numbers.

Just have to be really careful.  One way you could do it, is instead of announcing you are doing an incentive program, just do it, and when its time to give out the bonus, have a meeting and do it that way, Fuel card, Give card, extra day off, some of the things already mentioned.  I sometimes give my techs a bonus just out of the blue for doing a really good job for the month, they never know when or if it will happen, but when they do get it, I tend to see every techs numbers increase the following months.
Never argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
This is CABL.com posting #358335. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFnL
Posted in reply to: Re: Incentive Question by CatvManiac
There are 0 replies to this message