Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: X-1 Install Question

I work for the comapny so as long as I need, they did not increase points for them yet, though there is rumor they will but I won't hold my breath. the biggest problem is they reboot multiple times and they take a while to do that, so I reccommend this pattertn for installation, installteh HD/terms first they are by FAR the slowest. Then the DVR, then your modem/emta, they ALL do a firmware update and reboto now, the modems are genrealyl faster then the boxes are becasue they are only booting amodem, the X1 boxes first boot a modem then the actuakl TV bocx so they take longer. The irony in teh HD box takign the longest is its onla D2 modem while the DVR is a D3 and thus SHOULD take longer, but reality is the HD takes the longest.

It takes roughly 30-45 minutes for a box to boot, update, get sent hits and come up ready to rock 100%.

The biggest speed boost is to use the meter and check levels AND RETURN at the outlets, so you KNOW if you need a unity gain amplifier, regular amplifier, or no amp at all. Some stuff you will know just from doing the job, oh a 23 value tap and he wants 1 X1 DVR and 3 terms hiuh, tiem to pop in a unity gain amp becasue there is no way I am making my return on this setup. But most of the time you should just trust tehmeter. teh boxes have a bout 3.5 higher return thana meter or modem due to internal splits I believe. Just keep that in mind.
This is CABL.com posting #357632. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFcq
Posted in reply to: X-1 Install Question by cablemn86
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: X-1 Install Question cablemn86 9/23/2013 7:53:08 AM