Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: cms united

well wait on some responses to decide for yourself, but let me give you our history.

We were all technicians that got tired of working for the man.  So one day we pulled all of our paychecks together and started a little company.  We are three people that own the company, one used to own another company, one of us was a regional director for the same company, and I was the director of operations.  All of us are experienced cable techs that wanted a higher caliber contracting company to work for so we started our own.  We do have the funds to cover payroll if the mso doesn't pay, we are not fly by night in any way, and we have been in business for 9 months and have already grown more than companies grow in a number of years in a short amount of time. 

There are techs out there that would say we are great to work for because we understand all of the crap that guys are put through everyday and work very hard to make it better.  There are others that didn't measure up and wanted to come in and be hacks on contracts that we have worked blood sweat and tears to get that would stay away, so you will hear both sides and you will have a decision to make based on that.  When we started we weren't big, we as owners for the first quarter of business were out working in over half of these areas to build them from the ground up, and no matter how big this company goes I would be proud to throw the ladder on my truck and pull a route beside any one of my techs.  

We are getting new areas every day because we bring something new to the table, and thats the fact that we aren't in this to be rich off of others hard work and are very deeply involved in our company to the point we will be the first techs in the system to work if thats what it takes to succeed.  We do profit sharing with all of our directors and our leads all get our price to pull routes because it is deserved and a good company should not be able to make money on the people that help them grow.  We came into this knowing that we would not make a dime in this business off of 30 even 40 guys, so we set our goals higher.  We decided our number is greater and our generosity and the fact we are not greedy would help us soar so we set ourselves up to make our money on a lot of people and not just a few.  Our techs that are working for us currently would tell you that they make awesome paychecks and I or either one of my partners would literally stop what we were doing and drive 1000 miles to make sure our techs are being taken care of.  We do hold a retainage of 7 percent up to a thousand dollars to protect us from hack technicians that have already lost us a great deal of money over the last year.  all of our markets pay three weeks out, and if you need money to get you through because you came up short any one of us would not flinch to take it out of our own pocket to help because we are here for any working member of our organization. 
I have a list of guys that i would be happy to let you talk to that would tell you the same thing, I am always looking to share profits and promote my best techs into management that would give them the future they deserve.

We are offering health care to our technicians at no cost because this industry needs a higher standard than just scalping a few bucks off of an invoice to say you are a contracting company.  We will very soon have negotiations finished to offer retirement savings and life insurance to our techs because they deserve to have it.

CMS United is a company of techs owned by techs and we will never be any more than techs that want more for our industry. 

If i can be of any assistance and answer any questions that you may have my phone is on the ad and i take calls any time the phone rings, midnight is fine.  I answer my own phone for any reason you may have to call it, and 9-5 is not in my vocabulary

Lee Stivers
This is CABL.com posting #355365. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEBR
Posted in reply to: cms united by juanmanuel
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: cms united Gobu 7/26/2013 10:54:53 PM
Re: cms united salesdawg 6/16/2013 10:36:21 AM
Re: cms united rsonger 6/12/2013 4:46:22 PM
Re: cms united Shane FOUNTAIN 6/10/2013 10:56:07 PM
Re: cms united billybl35 6/10/2013 8:01:09 PM
Re: cms united Joe50 6/10/2013 9:58:41 AM