Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Attic to basement outside wall fish.

You wouldn't ever need a masonary flex bit.  If you need one it is because you are going through concrete, brick or stucco.  Now as far as I remember about wall fish is to go down the wall where a 2x4 or 2x6 may be.  Going down into a wall that is pure brick or stucco or concrete will take an act of god.  Or just a regular bit.  But it would have to be as long and as far as you need to go since the wall would be solid.

Now normally a house that is not brick and not concrete, will be framed with 2x4 or 2x6.  Sometimes the brick ones are too.  So it may go brick then 2x4 or 2x6.

You would have to go from the attic down.  Make sure to go through the fire brick and hope it only has 1.  Then you will have to go through the bottom.  That's the easy part.  The hard part is getting your wire to go down the hole through the fire brick and down into the baseplate.  And don't forget that insulation.

More importantly here is my question to you.  Is this basement totally finnished with no dropdown ceiling or closets?

Is this more cosmetics?  Because if it is I would be charging a fortune.  Like someone mentioned above.  With the garentee whatever damages are done are the customer's responsibility.

one last tip.  I always look for the electrical.  Pull off the face plate and see what side of the stud the box is on.  Go up to the attic find the wire.  Go on the other side of the wire by around 5 in.  So you will not go down the same wall as the electrical.  Electrical if done right is always attached to the stud and the wire will come out a hole right next to the stud.  This gives you a whole 16" to work with and the stud as your guide.  Of course you can't use this trick on the bottom because the electric typically wont go down to the basement.

This is CABL.com posting #354978. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEvC
Posted in reply to: Re: Attic to basement outside wall fish. by CUTTER
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Attic to basement outside wall fish. ctek24 5/30/2013 4:44:03 AM