Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: IRS said cable guy Employee not Contractor WE

Sorry but what your saying is just not true.  My techs are all employees that  make an average of 22 bucks an hour, i provide the trucks, gas, benefits, etc. When a Prime pays piece work he is ripping you all off.  He gets away with paying for taxes, insurances, and in most cases, gas, trucks, liability, etc.  He's making bank on your hard work. And the days of piecework is coming to an end and for good reason.  Someone cannot afford to drive their own truck, pay for their own gas and spend the whole day just doing one or two jobs.  This happens all the time to piecework subs.   The MSO's are trying to put a stop to it because they have been liable and have to pay when sued by a sub when a loser Prime doesn't pay overtime and now is out of business and the subs all can prove that they really are employees with hundreds of hours of overtime owed to them.  I've been a Prime for 25 years and have seen it all and heard it all and have been fair with all my people.  I pay by the hour and have always done so.  Its the right thing to do.
This is CABL.com posting #353800. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEcC
Posted in reply to: Re: IRS said cable guy Employee not Contractor WE by scoredfitting
There are 0 replies to this message