Create your free account now! Sign up

A Lineman's Wife

On the Road Again...that's the life in this industry, always leaving loved one's behind.  This is for all those wife's we leave behind.

They called me just a lineman's housewife and I'm glad to bear the name.  You'll never see me listed on any "Honor Roll of Fame".
Career women look with pity at my apron, broom and mop.  But I wouldn't trade them places for the things their money brought'.
They call me "just a lineman's housewife" and I'm surely glad indeed,  that God thought I'd be usefull in this work of love and need.
As I wash the floors and windows, stylish ladies pity me,  but I wouldn't trade them places if their mansions were all free.
Some folks are quite successful, king's of finance so they say and they seem to find their glory gathering gold along the way
Let them have their golden moments, I'm not jealous of their lifes, though I may work hard on trying to be a more considerate wife.
Yes, they call me just a lineman's housewife, but I'm more - much more you see....
I am the keeper of a househould which is "Home sweet home" to me, I'm rich in love and loved ones, I work hard in this old life.  I'm so glad God thought me useful...being just a lineman's plain old housewife.

By: Helen Wegrzynek...............................................................presented by: .........microman
This is CABL.com posting #353056. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbD0C
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: A Lineman's Wife TOMMYTHOMAS 3/2/2013 2:19:26 PM