Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: IRS said cable guy Employee not Contractor WE

Ok,

Sorry was working 24/7....

I filed my taxes Sched-C with my milage,tools and some commissions for my deductions on my past years taxes using the 1099 given. All the normal stuff nothing major on deductions, never owed it said I paid into dont see how.

This IRS @#@#@!# ahole says I have to amend my last three years as W-2.  I asked the office and they couldnt give me any advise.  Like how dare I ask.

Talked to an account and he agreed with the IRs saying I was an employee based on some simple questions, The company said they won the case a guy brought back in 09, but I googled it and well its not over and the DOL and IRS are all over the company supporting the case.  Dont see much life left there now maybe another year.

Now Im not expert, but if the company knew they should have been paying me and all the other hard worker techs as employees, WTF WTF WTF Like thousands over the years...

Im on the hook for 33k in Back Taxes cause I cant get milage or the deductions as a Independant contractor.  They sure as hell anit gonna help me pay.  

I should have been reimburshed .55 a mile for the 150 miles day I put on my truck and taxes.  

MAN IM SCREWED!!!!!!!!!  

I could have lived with paying me as an employee, overtime and stuff.  Dont tell me im an IC when Im not just to avoid taxes, cause it like shit rolling down hill.  It ends with me.  If I hire one of those people on TV tax settlement people its gonna be my only choice at this point..

Im reaching out to see if anyone else got slapped like this. I read some of the comments and I filed my taxes, used there accountant thought I was doing the right thing.  

3 other guys got the letters but everyone is keeping it hush hush if we speak about anything we get downloaded... 

If I mention to much they will know who I am, and ive watched peoples checks get taken when they get downloaded and I need mine.

FYI

DONT WORK FOR any company thats been sued or what ever for employee stuff.  I feel we all are going to get screwed because of this.  

Im just venting... Got a 4-6 and 6-8 left.. 

This is CABL.com posting #352802. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDWw
Posted in reply to: Re: IRS said cable guy Employee not Contractor WE by cablenator
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: IRS said cable guy Employee not Contractor WE vegassatellite 2/19/2013 10:18:58 PM