Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: SA system 3 amps AGC set up

Assuming you have let the amp warm up and placed pads and Eq according to design.
Set AGC switch ( S1 ) to position 2.
Adjust the "Manual Back off" according to the temperature chart at the pilot carrier freq.
Balance amp to design levels.
Go to the pilot carrier, if the amp is a HGD, LGD or a BT subtract 34 from the pilot carrier, this is your AGC pad value, if a UBT subtract 26.
Make a mental note of the level at the pilot freq.
Turn the AGC switch ( S1 ) to position 3.
Adjust "AGC Gain" to match the previous level.
Turn AGC switch back and forth between P2 and P3 to verify level stays where it should.    

If you don't have the temp chart PM me and I'll send you the condensed version I made to fit into the meter pocket. I'm in Ca. so let me know if I need to adjust the temp range for your area.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Winston Churchill
This is CABL.com posting #350725. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDo1
Posted in reply to: SA system 3 amps AGC set up by megatech711
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: SA system 3 amps AGC set up megatech711 11/28/2012 9:53:28 PM