Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Congratulations to the Democrats and Young Peo

I am a liberal, not an extremist, more in the center, here is a good definition of liberalism, and why I can wear that label you seem to give me as a badge of honor:

"Liberalism first became a distinct political movement during the Age of Enlightenment, when it became popular among philosophers and economists in the Western world. Liberalism rejected the notions, common at the time, of hereditary privilegestate religionabsolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings. The early liberal thinker John Locke is often credited with founding liberalism as a distinct philosophical tradition. Locke argued that each man has a natural right to life, liberty and property[8] and according to the social contract governments must not violate these rights. Liberals opposed traditional conservatism and sought to replace absolutism in government with democracy and the rule of law."

Seems to me that the founding fathers of our country were liberals.  

I don't believe in God, nor do I think I am god, how can someone think they are something that they do not even believe exist?

I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again, the difference is I can admit when I am wrong, can you?
Never argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
This is CABL.com posting #350261. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDhx
There are 2 replies to this message