Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: we are being invaded............

The logical solution to this problem is an economic solution. They can work so cheap because they are being subsidized by food stamps, TANF, free medical coverage for their children, free schooling for their children, etc. If we put an end to these programs, then they would be back on an equal footing with the rest of America. If they had to pay for their own food instead of getting $600 a month from Uncle Sam, got turned away at the hospital without showing an ability to pay or repay, had to pay for their children's schooling, then they would need more money.

I really do believe that if all these subsidies were put to an end, there would be no desire to come here illegally. Any that did come here wouldn't be the lazy types who try to get on the dole while raking in as much cash as possible from under the table type jobs. Any that come here at that point would be ones who feel they can make a living here without government subsidies.

I'm not angry at the government that they aren't building a wall, etc. I'm angry that they create all these incentives not to work. That goes for Americans and foreigners alike. I know some get angry that they are getting any work at all but that is a side effect of the real issue: Our government is so mis-managed that unemployment is so high. When unemployment is low, wages go up as businesses compete for workers. We can get to a point of low enough unemployment that it doesn't matter who's working because there are enough jobs for all. To reach that point, we need to end income taxes and end corporate taxes. If the federal government were 47% of its current size and not blowing tons of money on the Military Industrial Complex and stick to just defense and eliminate the entire Entitlements spending, our government could be supported on excise taxes alone. This country has been around longer without an income tax than it has with an income tax.
This is CABL.com posting #349894. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDbC
Posted in reply to: we are being invaded............ by praetorian776
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: we are being invaded............ cabledad 11/4/2012 10:49:57 AM