Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Info please

It's never just one week's pay. If you work from Sunday to Saturday and get paid a week later on the following Friday by 5pm, you have worked 13 days before your check is due on time. Then comes the bullshit excuses. If you're smart, you tell them you'll be ready to come back to work once you've cashed that check. However, the bullshit excuses end up being something like "no sweat, the FedEx truck didn't come today so they'll be here on Monday. Can you hang out until then?" Now you're in for Saturday, Sunday, and probably Monday (FedEx delivers after 9am to businesses usually). So, if you buy into only one BS excuse, you're only out 16 days pay, the cost of getting up there, the lodging, the gas, the cost it takes to get back home. Maybe you'll scramble to get on another project and try to salvage the whole thing.

Don't go out there without at least 3 solid projects you can get on. Ideally there would be some kind of payment bond in place so you can get your money that way if they stiff you. Probably that won't happen simply because too many people will jump on these projects without securing their future.

I worked Katrina. I haven't seen anything that I feel is even worth calling on so far. If I do find something, I doubt I'm going to see anything that will give me the peace of mind that I won't be screwed or at least assures me effective recourse.
This is CABL.com posting #349820. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDaq
Posted in reply to: Info please by torreyCowart
There are 0 replies to this message