Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: jokers and clowns

The fact is the numbers tell the truth.
Lets break it down. lol
$150 an hour
10% to insurance= $15.00 now you have $135.00 (if your payroll doesn't exceed $80,000)
5% to fuel (because we all know that no two jobs are on the same street)=$7.50 now you have $127.50
You said a lineman should make $50 and I think that is a fair price. So now you have $77.50
You have a CDL class A or B driver normal price for that guy is $25.00 now your down to $52.50
A good groundman with a normal drivers licence that will show up to work and pass a drug test. lol is $20 so now you are at $32.50

I have over $50,000 invested in my trucks, tools, trailers, tag, TAX, and titles. I will take me 1538.46 hours to pay for my investment before I see a dime. This is of course I don't have a motor, transmission, or differental go out. lol All this with the possibility of getting killed or disabled robbed by outsiders or the company I am working for. I remember when this trade was handled by professionals that wanted their people to prosper, I made more than $150 an hour per truck in rural South Carolina doing transfers. Still sitting here with trucks ready to go with no good contract. lol
This is CABL.com posting #349694. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbC8o
Posted in reply to: Re: jokers and clowns by stephensexton
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: jokers and clowns yukonutilityinc 10/31/2012 10:30:18 AM