Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Drops - Storm Work

After the Hurricane Katrina and Rita hit Louisiana, I looked at the project work down there. I lined up three potential contracts in case the first one fell out. I got down there and was supposed to be replacing drops in New Orleans. Well, the company that I was going to work for didn't have a solid plan. Supposedly, we would be given a map page and any drops we found in need of replacement would be replaced. Problems were that there could be multiple techs working an area so it's possible you could be without work if you happen to be trapsing around areas that other techs have covered. Also, any drops you find down, you have to call in and get a work order built. With high hold times, it could take a long time to get that accomplished, etc. Also heard from some of the techs there that the company owner was an alcoholic. Way too many variables for me. I ended up on a DISH service call contract which was pretty much swapping out LNBs that were toasted or re-aligning dishes or replacing wet connectors.

Before heading out to any storm work project, have a backup plan such as multiple projects you can jump on or multiple cities.
This is CABL.com posting #349653. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbC7J
Posted in reply to: Drops - Storm Work by DigiCommSystems
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Drops - Storm Work DigiCommSystems 10/30/2012 11:33:58 AM