Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Are DTV Installers dumb???

Sorry,

In my youth I received an English degree and a teaching license. I taught in an inner city school. The role of janitors was not sweeping floors. They were expected to keep chains on all the exit doors to keep gang-bangers out. In the event of a fire or building inspection by the fire marshal those chains had to be stowed. They were also expected to keep in touch with the local cops if locals were inspecting faculty wheels. Teachers in the building quit after their cars were stolen or damaged.

At some point just installing Directv rigs was a nice break from being a teacher.

I still maintain that Directv and DISH missed an opportunity in never trying to teach installation fundamentals in HS "mechanical arts" classes.Satellite installations could be an entry to a wider world. 

So I got the giggles when I saw someone marching into the deep doo doo and loving it.
I await his announcement he is going to improve the world by entering the teaching profession. I still get that warm feeling of accomplishment when I see former students on the evening news...........cops have a hand on the head, moving my former charges into the back seat of the cop car. Makes be want to go out and hang more tin!

Joe

joe
This is CABL.com posting #349187. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbC0d
Posted in reply to: Re: Are DTV Installers dumb??? by wallfishman
There are 0 replies to this message