Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Contraactor Info

Good luck.  Best place to start would be with your previous experience ( hoping you have some in either area, and as a contractor) this business is 90% who you know, the post from sales is almost accurate, there are several small subs all over, and depending on the area, they would rather stab you in the face than help you.  That being said, you can still make a good business in this industry, but you should start small.  I would recommend contacting all the small retailers in your area for about 60 mile radius, go to them, let them know you are available to do installs, leave them your card, and keep in contact with them every few weeks, I can about say one of them will call you soon needing an emergency install done, or service issue, its almost like fishing.  One major peice of advise I can offer, Under promise, and over deliver.  

I doubt you would be able to get a contract with a cable company or major HSP unless you have an already established relationship or company with techs already doing work, but if you can get enough work from local retailers to keep a few techs busy, you might be able to get a foot in the door, but it will take some time.
Never argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
This is CABL.com posting #349096. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCYK
Posted in reply to: Contraactor Info by bobsmltz
There are 0 replies to this message