Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CATV is losing talent

Well said Pk and Danimal. I also have worked from Military communication into all fields of the CATV industry. I now see the corporate offices trying to run a system 1000's of miles away. Now the Soc, NOC or whatever flavor they want to call it not even in the same area.
There was a time when we owned the system we worked in and spent time showing they senior how to work the vcr, remote or cable box. No more, because you have 3 peace installs scheduled on top of each other. The same kind of thing on the tech side. Hell, I have to spend more time on the computer just to create, time stamp it for when I'm in route, working, plant back up and gone, only to have someone criticize my drive time from job to job. I also do not have issues with anyone doing QC on my work. I do however have a problem with inhouse hacks getting away with the foil, rg6 jumpers and crap, who turn in those jobs beacuse they do not understand cable 101, a meter, levels, sweep, ingress (or how to track it).
Any of you been given a job to track ingress between 12am and 5am...Please, just to find foil and tie raps. No one will look back in the logs unless it's a contractor. I'm sure the same stuff happens on installs or any where else in this industry.
Ingression, who started this tread has been here since B.C. (Before Color). The industry has loss the theroy of cable 101. For those of us who understand and see the changes, I hope God blesses your family with furtune and good health.
This is CABL.com posting #347593. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCAv
Posted in reply to: Re: CATV is losing talent by danimal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: CATV is losing talent GoEasy 9/2/2012 9:28:48 AM