Create your free account now! Sign up

I Am A Veteran

You may not know me the first time we meet, I'm just another you pass on the street.
But, I am the reason you walk and breathe free, I am the reason for your liberty: I am a Veteran.
I work in the local factory all day, I own the restaurnat just down the way, I sell insurance,I start your IV, I've got the best looking grand kids that you'll ever see.  I'm your grocer, your banker, your child's school teacher, I'm you plumber, your baker, your family's preacher.  But there is a part of me that you don't know very well.  Just listen a moment, I've a story to tell............... I am a Veteran.
I joined the service while still in my teens, I traded my prom outfit for camo greens. I am not the first in my family to do something like this, I followed my father like he follower his.  Defying my fears and hiding my doubts  I married my sweetheart before I shipped out. I missed Christmans, then Easter, Then the birth of my son.. but I know I was doing what had to be done.   I served on the battlefront, I served on the base.  I bound up the wounded and begged for God's grace.  I gave orders to fire, I followed command, I marched into conflicts in a far away distant land. In the jungle, the desert, on monuntains and shores, In bunkers, in tents on damp earthen floors.  While I fought on the gound, in the air and on the sea, My family and friends were home praying for me. For the land of the free and the home of the brave, I faced my demons in foxholes and caves.  Then one dreded day without drummer or fife, I lost an arm, my buddy lost his life.  I came home and moved on, but forever was changed, The perils of war in my memory remains.  I don't really say much, I don't feel like I can, but I left home a child and came home a man !!   There are thousands like me, thousands more who are gone, and each of the thousands, their legacy lives on.  White crosses in a row and names carved on graves remind us of what these brave souls really gave.   I am part of a fellowship, a strong, mighty band, Of each man and woman who served this great land.  When old glory flies, I stand proud and tall, I helped keep her flying over you..after all:   I am a Veteran !!
written By: Andrea Brett   Presented by:  Microman.................                  Keep Safe-Enjoy Life
This is CABL.com posting #346972. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCqu
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I Am A Veteran Lightmaster 8/12/2012 10:28:51 PM