Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Consulting in Saudi Arabia

Joe,

This could be a good gig as long as they pay your hotel and round trip airfare ahead of time. You do not want to be stuck overseas with only a 1-way ticket. Also, depending on the agreed fee(s) you may encounter, this should be factored into the pay rate.

Do some investigating on the Saudi Cutoms as you do not want your test equipment taken from you at the airport. I had my spectrum analyzer and sweep gear seized in Santiago, Chile by airport Customs many years ago and had it returned 1 day before I left the country. I was there 2-weeks and only could use it 1 day! Have the correct paperwork!

There are very strict laws there as I am sure you are aware of. Common sense in international travel is the best rule. Last I heard, if you have any acoholic beverages there it is instant jail time and possible execution. Drugs also carry the penalty of death there so if you have any perscription drugs, CARRY A DOCTORS PERSCRIPTION with you at all times!

I am sure that your potential customer will have a detailed discussion with you about the customs and procedures you MUST follow in their society as to be "safe".

Being Canadian, you may have different passport and travel regulations than here in the US.

Greg

This is CABL.com posting #346410. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbChq
Posted in reply to: Consulting in Saudi Arabia by Joe50
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Consulting in Saudi Arabia salesdawg 7/26/2012 3:01:12 AM
Re: Consulting in Saudi Arabia Joe50 7/25/2012 12:40:23 PM