Create your free account now! Sign up

Overreaction? or spot on?

I will make this short.

Installing DirecTV for a small company, about 4 installers.  I have been with them for about 2 weeks.  I left there employ as a sub yesterday because of this.

If the boss calls for every one to be at the warehouse @ 8:00 am, with ALL the equipment so we can shuffle it around between techs.

me and the boss are there at 8:00 am. At 8:45 am the other techs show up.  without the equipment.  after a 15 minute argument, this is what it came down to.

if i wanted the equipment i needed to drive 1 hour and 30 mins to the "techs" house that forgot to bring his LNB's to the warehouse.

If HE forgot to bring the equipment, why am i being punsihed to have to drive to his home to get what he should have had brought with him.

After 15 minutes of going round robin with this tool, while the boss watches not sticking up for either of us.  i told him, as a sub its about time management and doing what you need to do.  I cannot fly like a eagle working for a bunch of turkeys, and i'm out.

my question is..... does this happen often?  was i wrong to assume since he forgot to bring the equipment, HE should have to bring it to my home.... not me drive to his.

its more of a moral question..... how many would have sucked it up and stayed.... and how many thing its a clown show, and i got out for a good reason.

thanks guys.

EDIT:  pay is $62 1st and $15 every extra reciever.  After 3ish or so weeks, i have been given about 8 installs.....over 1 hour away guaranteed
This is CABL.com posting #345868. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbB8G
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Overreaction? or spot on? Lightmaster 7/11/2012 5:13:46 PM
Re: Overreaction? or spot on? EshoreJoe 7/11/2012 11:32:43 AM
Re: Overreaction? or spot on? EshoreJoe 7/11/2012 11:32:41 AM
Re: Overreaction? or spot on? littlejoe 7/11/2012 9:53:55 AM