Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Isn't it funny? Not really.

Another possibility is they expect work to grow.  I know Directv was pretty good about being slow in march and april then it would spiral out of control. 

I think they think that offering the 12 mb for 50 a month is such a great deal that everyone and their dog want the service.  Not to rely on the fact that when they get fapped they have to pay bunches of moneys to get unfapped and tell their friends about how wonderful it is to pay the real price for service.

Then you have HughesNet coming out with their sat that will one day be better than VIA sat.  Then people may end up back on Hughes side again.  All to top off the millions that don't need either service because now they have DSL or Cable that come to their door because this Administration decided to pass the Rual Broadband Act.  Which gave us WISPs.

So some people are in the past thinking Sat work will be there and others know for a fact that it is a nitch market.  So how much do these companies know about whats really going on?

If I was Directv or Dish or a VSAT company I would tell you the contracting company that you need to have your techs ready to go.  Because I for one don't wanna be the company to tell the bigger company I can not handle what they throw at me.  But that comes with experience in the field. 

Just because a technology is new does not mean you have to belive all the hype.

Now just to correct a statement I just made.  As a company contracted directly to Dish or Direct they tell me there gonna give me 1000 jobs this month I would be looking for help like crazy.  But being in this industy  that is a fantacy.  Knowing that I would look but say yeah ok thank you and not pay much attention to it.

That my friends is the BIG difference.  When I seek out techs I tell them not to quit their day job if I don't have a lot of work for them.  I let them know there is some work but not a ton.  I would rather have someone working for 5 different companies than relying just on me.  A whole lot less trouble with everyone that way.  Depends on the size of your contract too.
This is CABL.com posting #344833. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBRZ
Posted in reply to: Re: Isn't it funny? Not really. by Nightlife1970
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Isn't it funny? Not really. RickTob 6/13/2012 5:00:07 PM