Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: To splice or not to splice,that is the question.

By: JT ( (-REDACTED-) )

If you are making from 1 to 1.5 K , I'd stay home,because I've done that before and is not worth it.I have my wife and a son and the separation was not good at all.Last time I travel I was making from 2 to 3k a week but after the expenses and everything was not worth it ..and remember you also going to have bad weeks.I'd stay right there..that's what I did ..I get an inhouse job for $800 a week ,but now i don't have to pay for a lot of things ( phone,beeper,truck,insurance...gas..etc..etc.)

original message:
----------------------------------------
I am currently sub-contracting,doing residential installs.I want to learn splicing but am being discouraged by present company.I would like to advance my career and earning potential.I'm being told that the travel alone would kill me,did I mention I'm married
w\ three daughters.I currently make $1000 to $1500 a week and I'm usually home by 3:00.I've heard that I could double my income once I learn the routine and become profficient at it. I would appreciate any insight about pursuing splicing.Please don't
spare me the harsh realities nor the glorious bottom line.Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------------
This is CABL.com posting #3441. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m3F
Posted in reply to: To splice or not to splice,that is the question. by System
There are 0 replies to this message