Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: wildcat strike

lol Ive been telling them too replace us.  Even bought in a replacement for me. and  it wont ever work because people are scared.  But not me Im broke anyway no point in being tired too.  You can one just fine, no point in being both. My dad was a pretty good size ug contractor in the 70s-80s.  I've been in the business for 19 years. So I'm not some a fly by night sub. I can do any of it. But won't do installs,  don't do ug, and would prefer not to set anymore poles.  I will do aerial construction, coax and fiber  as well as splicing of both.  But prefer to splice fiber now and farm hay, so I'm not lazy by any means.  But still keep all my equipment for all.  Had several pay cuts in the past 8 years from a contractor I do a good bit of work for, even though their prices weren't cut.  Well mso cut prices sooooo.  unless the prime wants to share the cut by dropping their cut.  I will probably do my last ones this week.  I can't do it any longer.  I 've lost atleast 10,000 last year alone from what I was told to what I recieved.  At some point everyone has to make that decision.  If all you can do is barely pay bills, and you aren't pissing it away. Then you may be better off to get a regular job and have a little more stability.  Although there is no truely stable job anymore in any field, everything can change in a wink of a eye. But good, honest, hardworking, caring people are still in demand. And always will be.  There isn't anything in this business you can't teach a chimp to do.  It might take a few weeks but they could do it.   But they wouldn't have the above mentioned qualities.  But a week is a drop in the bucket to get anything to change. 2,3,4 weeks maybe longer. And like playing cards hope you are holding better cards than they are.  If you aren't the person as mentioned above you probably won't be missed especially if they can find someone who is that person.       It would be best to talk to them first and tell them your concerns, give them a chance to work it out.  With me work isn't very good anymore, prices are awful, fuel prices are awful,  and all seem to be getting worse.  But I really feel 30% of something is better than 40-50% of nothing. Unless or Until I'm replaced.  They really don't have much expense in me.  And alot of the time all they do is give me a call and I do all the work, and it always takes me  1 month, sometimes 2 months or longer to get paid. And that didn't start out that way.  I used to get paid in 1-2 weeks now more like two months.  Good luck to all ya'll and make your own decision  as to what is best for you and your family.  But don't think all the job scared people on here are going to back you, and finish what you start.  And unlike most I USE MY NAME and don't worry about what I post
This is CABL.com posting #343301. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBth
Posted in reply to: Re: wildcat strike by goodsky
There are 0 replies to this message