Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Small Claims or Attorney?

Hmmmmm,............That last part is interesting.........First charge in criminal court...than hit the personal assets..."Once convicted no longer protected...".......shoulda done that years ago....................an LLC (limited partnership) guy owed me for months of service in another industry. He told me to pound sand for payment because there was no money left in THAT account. Since he was in a car we just parked all the trucks around him and went to lunch.................when we got back the cops were there and I tried to get him to tell the cops there was no money to pay me but his Cad was still his............cops said to let him out and sue him. Petty theft!. Oh well!............................In this recent satellite thing Directv said they do not involve themselves in the contracts with their HSP clients. The HSP said they didn't have a contract with me....................The small claims process just let my man have time to pack up and leave the state......(he also had some unrelated criminal things hitting him at the time)..............the corporation filing he presented to get his contract had lapsed..............the lawyer I eventually hired AFTER I got the judgment couldn't find any money.......the HSP had paid the guy and all bank accounts had been dumped......................So I guess my advice should be amended to suggest choosing a plan early.............. criminal or civil.........and maybe include everybody in the suit....let the judge decide who gets to pay............In the end, you don't want to screw with the courts anyway...just get paid on time.............this in a world full of operators who know that a lawsuit is just a warning that they gotta change addresses again. ...............Joe
joe
This is CABL.com posting #342806. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBli
Posted in reply to: Re: Small Claims or Attorney? by wimpie
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Small Claims or Attorney? wimpie 4/27/2012 3:40:22 PM