Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Small Claims or Attorney?

What you said rings the bell..................I think I might have misspoke......................You have to decide to use MD small claims or select criminal ..........it is timing. IF at first you just want to to collect an amount one might just take the business or person into small claims. After that it might look like not only is the amount owed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it appears the guilty party intended to steal the funds you get to go back...............with the bounced checks and file a criminal complaint...............So in that case you do both civil & criminal actions to get paid.................................I'll continue to dig out what I sam in the small claims court...............In small claims court it is important to at least list collection costs, legal fees (if any) other costs and interest (set at 10% in MD without compounding). If you don't list those...no award of anything but the principal.....................In the criminal side the whole process unrolls without your input.........except as a witness and the court can award interest, consequential or punitive damages.................I still have a sense you have to select early on but I'll continue to look..............Joe
joe
This is CABL.com posting #342801. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBld
Posted in reply to: Re: Small Claims or Attorney? by wimpie
There are 0 replies to this message