Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: White Mountain Cable???

WMCC was founded by Smiley and Dennis Nolin in the late 70's and became one of the biggest contractors in NE, it was a kick ass company to work for and then they were acquired by Arguss in 1997 things started going down hill, Arguss brought in management that first, didn't have the experience to over see the current management staff, (most if not all with hands on field experience) vs some ex TWC wanna bees basically parasitic in nature, this of course caused some friction in the ranks (ya think?) and the top talent moved on, Jim Lyons, head of all splicing and Ralph P. head of engineering formed BAS, Dennis N. former owner, Fitzy, VP, head of fiber and Dave Marcoux head of construction formed Nexgen.

Now a lot of the men working under the said management went with them or started their own out fits leaving WMCC basically a shell, they lost all the men that built the company, (Heard Smiley was sitting on a sack of seeds some where down in S. America?) but they still had the contracts and the work and managed to limp a long until the work slowed. 

Now my opinion is some what bias, I came on board as a contractor in the early 90's, left and then in house in 97 and was wittiness to the management transition then moved on in 2000. As many have stated they do pay on time you just have to do a little home work on the management experience per project, or the lack of I should say. As with any corporate situation you have a lot of un written rules to follow so just keep your mouth shut and your work/paper work tight and you'll be fine.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #342598. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBhW
Posted in reply to: White Mountain Cable??? by bigones
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: White Mountain Cable??? Cable/Gypsy 4/23/2012 2:14:26 PM